Schaudt Mikrosa GmbH is synonymous worldwide for premium technology in cylindrical, noncircular, and universal grinding between centers, as well as in centerless external cylindrical grinding. Since 2009, the company combines the two long-established brands SCHAUDT and MIKROSA in a modern factory in Leipzig.
Our special strength lies in the high customer-individuality of our machines and the connection of units, automation components and process engineering to a highly productive grinding system.
SCHAUDT is the brand for the automotive industry, its suppliers and manufacturers of large cylindrical parts. It offers sophisticated technological solutions for cylindrical, noncircular and eccentric grinding. Our highly experienced experts also have unparalleled expertise in the high-precision grinding of long and heavy workpieces like rollers and turbine shafts. Within this broad application range, you obtain everything from a single source – application development, technology, assembly, and sales.
MIKROSA sets the standards in centerless external cylindrical grinding of rotationally symmetrical parts. The modular machine design means that you obtain a solution with handling and automation individually tailored to your grinding task. The technology spectrum extends from precision infeed grinding in many different variations to super productive throughfeed grinding. This allows you to machine a very large variety of workpieces, from small jet needles through to large shafts.
This is what the MIKROSA brand represents:
- Centerless grinding machines in the premium range with the German seal of quality.
- Large application range: From small needles through to heavy railway axles
- Maximum precision with grinding accuracies in the 0.1 micrometer range
- Machines based on our modular system for individual, workpiece-oriented machine applications to suit customer requirements
- Precision plunge cut grinding in many variations and highly productive throughfeed grinding with optimum quality
- Standardized automation solutions
- Intelligent software solutions for optimum grinding results
- In-house technology center for grinding tests (enabling optimum adaptation of processes and grinding technologies to customer requirements)
- In-house measuring laboratory and test specialists guarantee highest quality and precision
- Worldwide sales and service network
- Commissioning and machine training on site
- HelpLine, remote service and field service for maintenance with system
- Traditionally proven approach based on a strict quality code, combined with the use of cutting-edge methods (ISO 9001, VDA6.4)
STUDER and the SCHAUDT and MIKROSA brands together represent the cylindrical grinding technology group within UNITED GRINDING Group.
With a turnover of around 700 million euros, the UNITED GRINDING Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of precision machines for grinding, eroding, lasering, measuring and combination machining. With around 2500 employees at more than 20 production, service and sales locations, the Group has a customer-oriented and efficient organization.
With its eight company brands MÄGERLE, BLOHM, JUNG, STUDER, SCHAUDT, MIKROSA, WALTER and EWAG, UNITED GRINDING offers a broad application knowledge, an extensive product portfolio and a complete array of services for surface and profile grinding, cylindrical grinding and tool machining.
The tradition of the group companies goes back more than one hundred years, during which more than 150,000 machines were manufactured and delivered throughout the world. This longstanding experience and broad technological expertise make the UNITED GRINDING Group a reliable and competent solution provider for complex manufacturing tasks.
The innovative technologies of the companies in the UNITED GRINDING Group have a broad range of applications, from single part production through to mass production, from small businesses to large corporations, and are used in a wide variety of industries. Key areas are the automotive and supplier industry, medical, aerospace industry, tooling, die and mold, transportation & heavy industry, machine manufacturers, energy and precision engineering.
Our top priority in all that we do is to contribute to our customers' success.