- Special grinding machine for taper rollers
- Working range 4.5.... 35 mm, grinding wheel width of 400 mm
- Thermally stable, vibration-damping GRANITAN® machine bed
- Regulating wheel is replaced by infeed screw, which is aligned to the workpiece dimensions
- High system rigidity as infeed screw and grinding spindle are supported on both sides
- Modular dressing system
- External grinding in throughfeed grinding operations
Granitan® machine bed
The basis of the KRONOS K is the proven Granitan® machine base with excellent damping characteristics. High thermal stability ensures temporary temperature fluctuations are extensively compensated and a high capacity to hold the tolerance can be guaranteed throughout the day.
The 3-slide system of the KRONOS K comprises a swivel-type slide, an intermediate slide and an upper slide. The swivel-type slide forms the base for the guide system, on which the intermediate and upper slide are arranged compactly. This guarantees a high system rigidity of the machine.
Modular dressing system
Depending on the grinding task, stationary dressing tools such as diamond blades and single-point diamonds or rotating dressing tools such as diamond dressing discs or diamond profile rolls are available for the grinding wheel.
The grinding wheel width is a maximum of 300 mm with a bore diameter of 304.8 mm. The roller-bearing grinding spindle is designed for the use of conventional grinding wheels.
The regulating spindle is also portal-mounted with high precision pre-tensioned spindle bearings. A conveyor screw adapted to the dimensions of the workpiece is used in place of the regulating wheel side. The drive is provided by a digital servo motor and transmission.
The KRONOS K comes with a SIEMENS SINUMERIK 840D sl control system as standard. MIKROSA has integrated a special operator interface for centerless grinding into the SIEMENS interface. The added symbols and icons are easy to understand and make programming even easier.
- Maintenance and service friendly SIEMENS Sinumeric 840D sl control system