- Working range 1.5...100 mm, plunge length up to 395 mm
- Thermally stable, vibration-damping GRANITAN® machine base
- High system rigidity thanks to grinding and regulating spindles supported on both sides and rigidly designed slide systems
- Grinding spindles mounted on hydrodynamic bearings for max. 63 m/s (optional up to 120 m/s for CBN/diamond use)
- Designed for mass production
- High cost effectiveness thanks to reduced cycle times
- Optionally extendable if application requirements change
- Highest safety standard thanks to full enclosure
- Plunge grinding
- Throughfeed grinding
- Plunge grinding in mass production
Granitan® machine bed
The basis of the KRONOS M is the proven Granitan® machine base with excellent damping characteristics. High thermal stability ensures temporary temperature fluctuations are extensively compensated and a high capacity to hold the tolerance can be guaranteed throughout the day.
The 3-slide system of the KRONOS M comprises a swivel-type slide, an intermediate slide and an upper slide. The swivel-type slide forms the base for the guide system, on which the intermediate and upper slide are arranged compactly. This guarantees a high system rigidity of the machine.
Modular dressing system
Depending on the grinding task, stationary dressing tools such as diamond blades and single-point diamonds or rotating dressing tools such as diamond dressing discs or diamond profile rolls are available. The dressing times can be reduced to a minimum through the optional use of acoustic gap control for dressing detection.
The grinding wheel width is a maximum of 400 mm with a bore diameter of 304.8 mm. The roller-bearing grinding spindle is designed for the use of conventional grinding wheels. Optionally, spindles for the use of superabrasive cutting materials such as CBN or diamond can also be used.
The regulating spindle is also portal-mounted with high precision pre-tensioned spindle bearings. It is suitable for 400 mm wide regulating wheels. The drive is provided by a digital servo motor and transmission.
The KRONOS M comes with a SIEMENS SINUMERIK 840D sl control system as standard. MIKROSA has integrated a special operator interface for centerless grinding into the SIEMENS interface. The added symbols and icons are easy to understand and make programming even easier.
- Maintenance and service friendly SIEMENS Sinumeric 840D sl control system
- Heureeka - special MIKROSA softwarefor optimizing the grinding zone geometry